200ml, 500ml, 1000ml
The 2Hr Aquarist – Estimate Index
$18.00 – $65.00
With the 2HR Aquarist APT-EI, the famous nutrient dosing approach pioneered by Tom Barr is now available in a ready-to-use concentrate that removes the guesswork from trying to recreate this powerful and sometimes elusive formula.
An overview of the EI methodology can be found here.
Dose 5ml per 100L 3 times per week or 2ml per 100L daily.
Buying the nutrients separately easily add up to US$75+. A 500ml bottle of APT costs US$24.99
100% comprehensive Macro+ Micro formula of N, P, K, Iron and Traces in our proprietary Capstone RatioTM.
Try it for 100 days. If it doesn’t work, get a full refund. We are aquarists too and want the best for you.
Plants grown the 2Hr WayTM using APT display a unique richness and form.
We developed APT because we could not find any existing product that met our needs.
Healthy plants, happy fish, algae-free.
As aquarists ourselves, we say ‘whatever works’.
The right performance fuel just makes it easier and (we find) a lot more exciting.
+ Essential Trace Minerals. Importantly, in the right amounts.
You can buy these 5 individual components (e.g. Potassium) for around US$15 each.
5 x $15 = $75.
Good flow, bio-filtration, the right plant mix, water parameters etc. all matter.
That is why we pair it with the internet’s most comprehensive resource on planted tanks, right here.
- No water change needed
- Removes Ammonia, Nitrite, Phosphates, Sludge, Oil, Fats (lipids) and other Biodegradable waste products.
- Helps stabilize pH and Oxygen levels.
- Non Toxic and harmless to humans and other live forms.
- Contains 12 types of micro-organisms and 5 types of enzymes.
- Apply 1 capful to 400 gallons (1,800L) daily for the first 7 days for new or old aquariums and ponds.
- Apply 1 capful to 400 gallons (1,800L) once a week for maintenance. Double or triple the dosage for heavy bioload.
- Provide strong aeration. *1capful = 80gms
- Long-term supply for the substate: long-term substrate fertiliser for freshwater aquariums
- Nutrient depot: contains all important plant nutrients such as iron and clay, stores nutrients and releases them as required
- Optimal promotion of plant growth means less algae growth. No phosphates and nitrates
- Use when setting up a new aquarium: mix nutrient substrate concentrate with substrate, cover with a layer of washed gravel/sand
- Contents: 1 packet Florapol. Effective for a minimum of 3 years
Key features• Fast acting for speedy aquarium maintenance • Enhances mechanical filtration with its clever clumping mechanism
Product overviewGreen water isn't a good look for aquariums. It doesn't only look horrible, it's really bad for your fish too. Excessive light or nutrients can trigger this ugly and potentially dangerous algal bloom in your aquarium which can affect oxygen and pH levels. This makes the water highly alkaline and potentially dangerous for your fish. But help is at hand. Green Away neatly clumps the suspended algal particles so they can be trapped by your filter or sink to the bottom and be syphoned off when you do your next water change. Use for treating Green Water or "Pea Soup", and remove unsightly brown or green algae suspended in your aquarium.
- Conditions tap water making it suitable for fish
- Harmless to filters and all species of plants and fish
- Does not colour aquarium water
- For use in cold water and tropical freshwater systems
- Treats 500 litres (110 gallons)
- Contains condensed vitamins B1, B2,B6, B12,C,A,D,E and Glucan.
- Promotes good metabolism and resistance to disease in fish.
- Helps discus adapt to a new environment.
- Cures illnesses caused by imbalance in nutrition or long-term feeding habits.
- Effectively treats hole-in-the-head symptoms, darken disease, and Scoliosis.
- Contains additives essential to good nutrition for Discus aquariums.
- Environmental friendly
- No water change is needed
- Remove ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, sludge, oil, fats (lipids) and other biodegradable waste products
- Help to stabilize pH and oxygen level
- Non-toxic and is harmless to humans and other live forms
- Contain 9 types of micro-organisms and 5 types of enzymes
- Good for freshwater and saltwater use