Algae Control and Clear Water
The 2hr Aquarist – APT Fix
The smarter way to treat algae.
Especially effective for BBA, hair/string/fuzz and most forms of filamentous algae.
Gently biodegrades completely.
Spot-dose up to 1ml per 10L every 24 hours.
AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE
While healthy plant mass is the #1 natural defence against algae, life is often unpredictable.
The filter or CO2 diffuser gets clogged. Grandpa overfeeds the fish. The auto-timer takes an unannounced holiday.
These shocks ( seemingly insignificant to us) weaken plants and give algae a window of opportunity to spawn.
APT Fix works to rebalance the system by targeting the fundamental weakness of algae- their comparatively less developed protective cell walls. When spot-dosed per the recommended dosage, it instantly arrests algae growth while allowing plants to recover.
This is the most effective approach, but be careful not to let the plants dry out. Avoid this method for treating algae on Mosses, Liverworts (Riccardia and Riccia etc.) and Vallisneria (Tape Grass).
This is our usual approach. To increase effectiveness, pause the filter before spot-dosing. And don’t forget to turn the filter back on! The effect should be visible by the next day.
The above shows the result of a single dose of APT Fix via spot-dose method. By Day 2, the inactive BBA would usually change color to red and/or white. These would either decompose, or serve as food for algae-eaters and other microorganisms. By Day 7, the leaf is now mostly free of algae.
The above shows the result of a single dose of APT Fix via the drain-dose method. By Day 2, the hair-algae has lost some of its green color. By Day 5, all the hair algae has been deactivated. You can remove it completely using a fine brush.
Out of stock
- Convenient and effective way to catch flatworms (planaria) without using chemicals
- Equip trap with food bait (JBL NovoTab), use suction pad and cord to hang it at an angle over the bottom and empty trap the following day
- Convenient emptying of the trap: open lower plug and upper screw top and rinse under running water
- Completely non-toxic in freshwater and marine water
- Package content: 1 complete planaria trap (13 cm long) with transparent cord and suction pad for slanted positioning
- Multivitamins prevent deficiency symptoms and increase the resistance of freshwater and marine fish
- Healthy fish: a special emulsifying process with lecithin ensures the full effectiveness of the fat-soluble vitamins
- To use: drip multivitamins on frozen, live, freeze-dried or dry food
- JBL Online Hospital: gives you access to identify fish diseases
- Contents: 1 bottle Atvitol, 50 ml
- Pure culture of safe, effective bacteria to break down aquarium sludge waste
- Contributes to a healthy aquarium and improves appearance
- Reduces aquarium and filter cleaning and levels of disease causing bacteria
- Easy to use – dosage table, pipette and measuring cup included
- Treats 3,600 litres (790 gallons)
- A product of the latest advances in biotechnology
- Manufactured using strict culture and quality control processes. A guranteed pure culture of safe, effective bacteria
- Will not permanently colour the aquarium water
- Harmless to filters and all species of fish and plants.
- Anti-algae and green water
- Environmental friendly
- No water change is needed
- Remove ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, sludge, oil, fats (lipids) and other biodegradable waste products
- Help to stabilize pH and oxygen level
- Non-toxic and is harmless to humans and other live forms
- Contain 9 types of micro-organisms and 5 types of enzymes
- Suitable for freshwater and saltwater