130 + UV, 250 + UV, 400 + UV
sera fil bioactive
$253.10 – $418.50
Versatile and user friendly external filters for freshwater aquariums with UV-C
These powerful but at the same time energy saving external filters with an extensive accessory range are ready for connection and immediately biologically active. The filter baskets ensure an optimal filter media layer structure and easy access. Intake and outlet of the filters are designed in a way that the hoses can be disconnected by a multi-function valve for cleaning purposes.
The filters of the UV range (130 + UV, 250 + UV, 400 + UV) are equipped with an integrated UV-C lamp that irradiates the filtered water with UV-C against pathogens, parasites and multiplication stages of algae.
The robust filters are characterized by quiet operation and a long lifetime. All filters include the high performance filter medium sera siporax Professional and the biologically activating sera filter biostart.
- Immediately biologically active
- 34 times as much filter performance*
- + UV
- Reduces pathogens
- Reduces parasites
- Reduces algae growth
* compared to common clay filter material
- Fast removal of all kinds of cloudiness in freshwater and marine aquariums: quality filter wool for aquarium filters
- Easy to use: select quantity of wool (suitable for all filters) as required. Insert as last filter stage. Removal required when water flow rate decreases.
- Crystal-clear water: filters off all types of cloudiness and particles. Although rinsing is possible we recommend exchanging it instead
- No release of pollutants and fibres – fully synthetic, residue-free filter wool
- Contents: 1 pack filter wool for aquarium filters
- Removes phosphate, silicate, organics, metals, acids, and more
- 50/50 blend of MatrixCarbon and PhosGuard
- More convenient than two separate bags of media
DescriptionSeaGel™ is a blend of MatrixCarbon™ and PhosGuard™. MatrixCarbon™ is an ultracapacity carbon for the removal of organic and color impurities. PhosGuard™ is a powerful remover of phosphate, silicate, toxic metals, and acids. Both components are bead shaped for optimum water flow characteristics and penetration. The components enhance each other and are ideal for reef and marine use. SeaGel™ may also be used in freshwater that is not phosphate buffered. Although MatrixCarbon™ has the lowest detectable leachable phosphate content of all major carbon brands tested, some phosphate is still released. Adding PhosGuard™ to the mix compensates for this. Both components are bead shaped for optimum water flow characteristics and penetration. The components enhance each other and are ideal for reef and marine use.
DirectionsUse 250 mL for each 150–225 L (40–60 US gallons). Use in a filter bag such as Seachem’s The Bag™. Rinse in freshwater before use. Use caution, since product will fizz and heat on initial wetting. SeaGel™ will function 3–4 months.
Sizes100 mL, 250 mL, 500 mL, 1 L, 2 L, 4 L, 20 L, 100 L
- Small-mesh filter bag with zipper
- Ideal for resins and small media
- Corrosion-proof zipper
- 32 cm x 14 cm (12.5” x 5.5”)
- No Strings or Ties
- Binds ammonia and heavy metals
- Highest ammonia binding capacity of any zeolite
- Removes harmful metal ions like lead, copper, nickel and zinc
- Marine & Freshwater
DescriptionSeachem Zeolite media actively binds and removes ammonia and heavy metals ions such as lead, copper, nickel, zinc. The filter media ensures that the aquarium water is safe and free of harmful metallic toxins.
AdvantagesSeachem Zeolite is a naturally occurring, highly-porous mineral that binds ammonia and heavy metals through an ion exchange mechanism. Seachem Zeolite has the highest ammonia binding capacity of any available zeolite; ten times higher than some products and twice the capacity of the closest competitor. Seachem Zeolite won't deplete calcium in saltwater, and it won't increase general hardness in freshwater, where the ionic strength is low.
DirectionsFor best results, Seachem Zeolite should be rinsed before use and placed so as to maximise the flow of water through it but not so that it tumbles against itself in flow. It may be used in a canister filter, media chamber, box filter, or any high flow area of a trickle filter. Use of a filter bag such as Seachem's The Bag or Zip Bag is recommended. Use 250 mL (1 cup) of Seachem Zeolite for every 200 L (50 US gallons). For smaller aquariums, the equivalent dose is 5 mL (1 level teaspoon) per 4 L (1 US gallon). This amount of Seachem Zeolite will remove up to 0.5 mg/L ammonia. Monitor ammonia levels, which should drop to zero within 24-48 hours. At this point, the zeolite can be removed or replaced with activated carbon, such as Seachem MatrixCarbon. For heavy metals removal, leave in service and replace monthly. For long term ammonia control, use Seachem Stability and Matrix. Use Ammonia Alert or MultiTest Free & Total Ammonia to directly monitor levels of free ammonia.
- Flow rate: 450 Litres
- Energy efficient 5W pump
- Skims surface build to improve water quality
- Effective for freshwater planted aquariums
- Suitable for both freshwater and marine
- 15cm x 4.5cm x 5cm
- 220V to 240V voltage
- Suitable for 30 to 100Litres aquarium