Seachem Reef Iodide
$11.30 – $157.90
- Stabilised potassium iodide
- Safe – does not convert to harmful free iodine
- Essential for invertebrates, soft corals, soft tissue growth
Iodide exists in natural sea water and is essential for the growth of invertebrates and many soft corals (gorgonians, sarcophytons, etc). Seachem Reef Iodide helps to restore the iodide levels in reef aquarium water to a level close to natural sea water.
Seachem Reef Iodide is a concentrated (8,000 mg/L) stabilised potassium iodide source. Stable iodide does not convert to toxic iodine under storage or reef conditions, hence is safe for dosing reef system.
Seachem Reef Iodide vs Others
Most iodine supplements on the market are simply potassium iodide or a medicinal disinfectant commonly known as Lugols Solution. Lugols is a highly concentrated iodine/iodide solution that is highly toxic and intended for disinfection. Although such products may be sold for use in reef aquaria, they pose a risk to reef in case of overdose or change in the product properties.
Seachem Reef Iodide is formulated to provide a safe source of iodide that will not convert to toxic free iodine under storage or reef conditions.
On the other hand, pure potassium iodide products are a safer alternative but not very effective alone owing to the unstable nature of iodide in the aquarium environment. When added to an aquarium environment, iodide becomes unstable converting to elemental iodine (which is biocidal), iodate (which is useless to corals, toxic at elevated levels, and cannot be tested for), and iodide which is the only form of iodine available to corals for uptake. Such products are inherently unstable, hence are potentially dangerous to coral health.
Unlike pure potassium iodide products, Seachem Reef Iodide is a proprietary compound that ensures iodide remains in its iodide form when added to the aquarium.
Seachem Reef Iodide also remains usable and fully bio-available after being added to reef systems. This ensures that your invertebrates and soft corals derive the maximum benefit from the product.
Ingredients: potassium iodide
Amounts per 1 g: Iodide (I) (min) 8 mg
- Beginner: Add 5 ml (1 capful) for each 200 L (US 50 gallons) every other day.
- Advanced: Add 1 ml for each 80 L (20 US gallons) daily to raise iodide by 0.10mg/L. If necessary, adjust amount so that iodide reads 0.060.08 mg/L 612 hours after the last amount. Thereafter, use this amount daily and check iodide twice a month.
- Expert: After determining the iodide consumption rate, set up a continuous drip system. Use the following formula (or skip the math and use our Dosage Calculator) to determine how much to add to your top-off water: m=0.125vi (m=ml of product to add to top off water, v=volume of tank in liters, i=amount to raise iodide in mg/L). For example, if you want to raise iodide by 0.10mg/L in a 200 liter tank, then you would add 0.125x200x0.10=2.5 ml into the top-off water. [For reference: 1 gallon=3.8 L].
- Notes: It is normal for iodide levels to decline after a few days. This results from utilization and chemical depletion. Therefore, amount and/or frequency of use can be varied. Amount used can be adjusted based on coral response. To check iodide levels use Seachems MultiTest Iodine and Iodide test kit.
- Multivitamins prevent deficiency symptoms and increase the resistance of freshwater and marine fish
- Healthy fish: a special emulsifying process with lecithin ensures the full effectiveness of the fat-soluble vitamins
- To use: drip multivitamins on frozen, live, freeze-dried or dry food
- JBL Online Hospital: gives you access to identify fish diseases
- Contents: 1 bottle Atvitol, 50 ml
- Removes chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals.
- Protects against wounds and injuries with herbal extract
- Prevents shock and stress during shipping and transportation
- instantly ages new tap water and freshly prepared artificial saltwater.
- Provides electrolytes and calming effects.
- provides slime coating
- For water change, apply 1ml to 10 gallons (45L), 1 cupful = (60ml) to 600 gallons (2700L)
- To prevent shock and stress, removal of heavy metals and chloramines, to protect against wounds and injuries due to fighting and transportation and for newly added fishes and invertebrates. Apply 1ml to 5 gallons (22.5L)
- A product of the latest advances in biotechnology
- Manufactured using strict culture and quality control processes. A guranteed pure culture of safe, effective bacteria
- Will not permanently colour the aquarium water
- Harmless to filters and all species of fish and plants.
- Creates a brownish clear blackwater properties in the tropic for a more comfortable and at ease environment.
- Creates natural healthy water conditions for tropical fishes
- Enhance Colours
- Induces spawning
- Long-term supply for the substate: long-term substrate fertiliser for freshwater aquariums
- Nutrient depot: contains all important plant nutrients such as iron and clay, stores nutrients and releases them as required
- Optimal promotion of plant growth means less algae growth. No phosphates and nitrates
- Use when setting up a new aquarium: mix nutrient substrate concentrate with substrate, cover with a layer of washed gravel/sand
- Contents: 1 packet Florapol. Effective for a minimum of 3 years