Seachem Acid Buffer
$14.90 – $50.00
- Adjusts pH to 5.0—8.0
- Converts alkalinity [KH] to CO2
- Contains no phosphate
Acid Buffer™ is a non–phosphate buffer to lower pH and buffer with Alkaline Buffer™. Both buffers are designed for the planted aquarium or for very hard water where phosphate buffers may pose an algae or cloudiness problem. Acid Buffer™ lowers pH and buffers between 6.0 and 8.0 when used with Alkaline Buffer™. As Acid Buffer™ lowers pH it converts carbonate alkalinity (KH) into available CO2.
To lower pH, use 1/4 teaspoon (2g) for every 80 L (20 US gallons) daily until desired pH is reached (this dose lowers alkalinity by about 0.2 meq/L (0.6 dKH)). Larger doses may be required in very hard (KH) or alkaline waters. For precise dosing, use the Seachem Digital Spoon Scale.
In order to adjust pH gradually, or if water is soft or not well buffered, use Acid Buffer™ with Alkaline Buffer™. When using Alkaline Buffer™ & Acid Buffer™ together to target a specific pH, utilize the suggested ratio chart.
This chart is based on use in RO or RO/DI water and ratios may need to be adjusted for use in tap water.
HINT: First determine the amount of Alkaline Buffer™ needed for the volume of water. This should be determined based upon your desired alkalinity (KH). Then, divide by the number in the middle column to obtain the correct amount of Acid Buffer™ required.
|Acid Buffer||Alkaline Buffer||pH|
AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE
Key features• Harmless to filters and all species of fish and plants • For use in cold water and tropical freshwater aquariums only • Use to condition water for plants in a new aquarium • Treats 500 litres (110 gallons)
Product overviewFor a thriving aquarium, it's important to ensure your plants are well-fed. Often a bit neglected, aquarium plants are often unable to find the nutrients they need in an artifical aquarium environment. Flora Boost is especially formulated without nitrates and phosphates to supply the correct balance of trace elements. It ensures optimum plant growth without stimulating algae growth. Use this wonderfood once a week to stimulate plant growth, to condition water for plants in new aquariums, when plant leaves show signs of yellowing, when plants are dying or disintegrating or when existing plant food is stimulating algae growth. Flora Boost will not permanently discolour the water. Be sure to follow pack instructions and use the dosage table and pipette or measuring cup provided to treat your aquarium water.
- No water change needed
- Removes Ammonia, Nitrite, Phosphates, Sludge, Oil, Fats (lipids) and other Biodegradable waste products.
- Helps stabilize pH and Oxygen levels.
- Non Toxic and harmless to humans and other live forms.
- Contains 12 types of micro-organisms and 5 types of enzymes.
- Apply 1 capful to 400 gallons (1,800L) daily for the first 7 days for new or old aquariums and ponds.
- Apply 1 capful to 400 gallons (1,800L) once a week for maintenance. Double or triple the dosage for heavy bioload.
- Provide strong aeration. *1capful = 80gms
- Long-term supply for the substate: long-term substrate fertiliser for freshwater aquariums
- Nutrient depot: contains all important plant nutrients such as iron and clay, stores nutrients and releases them as required
- Optimal promotion of plant growth means less algae growth. No phosphates and nitrates
- Use when setting up a new aquarium: mix nutrient substrate concentrate with substrate, cover with a layer of washed gravel/sand
- Contents: 1 packet Florapol. Effective for a minimum of 3 years
- Anti-algae and green water
- Environmental friendly
- No water change is needed
- Remove ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, sludge, oil, fats (lipids) and other biodegradable waste products
- Help to stabilize pH and oxygen level
- Non-toxic and is harmless to humans and other live forms
- Contain 9 types of micro-organisms and 5 types of enzymes
- Suitable for freshwater and saltwater