$6.50 – $34.00
Platinum soil, a bottom floor material for aquariums, creates clear, sparkling water with 100% natural materials. It has a natural water quality adjustment function that is friendly to aquatic plants and fish, and maintains highly transparent water for a long time! In addition, it accelerates water rise and cultivate beneficial bacteria.
This product is a slightly acidic using 100% domestic natural black clay.
Ideal for aquatic plants, bee shrimp, etc., maintaining a soft water environment. Absorbs pigments of driftwood and phosphoric acid that causes moss with the power of natural soil.
|Platinum Soil Brown Powder|
|Features||● Natural water quality adjustment function friendly to aquatic plants and fish!
● Reduce pH / kH to create a weakly acidic soft water environment!
● Strongly absorbs pigments from driftwood!
● Maintain highly transparent water for a long time!
● Faster the rise of water and multiply filtered bacteria!
|Internal capacity||1,3,8 liters|
|Grain size (approx.)||1.6-3.0mm|
|how to use||● Lay it in a water tank without washing the soil, and pour water gently. Pour slowly so as not to dig up the soil.
● Water becomes cloudy when set. By operating the filtration device, it takes about 1-2 hours.
● The surface may be covered with water, but there is no problem with water quality. You can easily remove it by scooping it on the net or aerating it.
|Estimated usage||45cm water tank (about 35L): 6-8L
60cm water tank (about 57L): 8-11L
90cm water tank (about 157L): 24-32L
|please note||* Since this product has the effect of lowering pH and KH, avoid using it together with filter media or water quality regulators that hinder this effect.
* There is a small air hole in the package of this product. In the case of super powder, fine particles may come out of the hole. Please note.
* Please make sure to take time to adjust the water with the living body.
* Please note that we do not compensate for any diseases or deaths of living organisms or withering of aquatic plants.
* Be careful not to play children with this bag. There is a danger of suffocation.
Immediately after setting the soil floor, the water quality may be unstable or nitrite may be detected. After setting, be sure to operate the filter and confirm that the filtration is working properly before introducing the living body. In addition, durable aquatic plants such as hygrophylla are effective to speed up the stability of water quality.
At the beginning of the set, bubbles may be difficult to disappear, but are harmless to the living body. As it disappears in a few days, there is no problem in using it.
Estimated amount of water used in main standard water tanks
30cm cube water tank: about 0.9 liter per 1cm thickness
45 × 30 × 30cm water tank: about 1.3 liter per 1cm thickness
60 × 30 × 36cm water tank: per 1cm thickness 1.8 liter
90 × 45 × 45 cm water tank: about 4 liters per 1 cm thickness
120 × 45 × 45 cm water tank: about 5.4 liters per 1 cm thickness
* Sand-based products are generally sorted by sieves, but long and narrow grains may be larger than the stated grain size. Please note.
※ As it is a natural material, garbage such as plants and wood chips may be contained. When using, remove it with a scoop.
* Because it is a natural material, the grain size may vary slightly depending on the lot even for the same product. Please note.
* In the case of gravel, most of them are marine products, so shells and coral debris may be mixed in. Shells and corals have the effect of raising the pH, so if you raise a living body that prefers an extremely low pH, or if you are worried about it, use it after acid treatment.
Onyx Sand™ is a naturally dark gray sand that perfectly complements and enhances the appearance of any aquarium. It provides not only iron and other minerals but supports optimal KH levels for freshwater planted aquariums. Being carbonate rich, Onyx Sand™ provides an advantage to any plants able to utilize bicarbonates. Although ideally suited to planted aquaria, it may be used in any aquarium environment. Onyx Sand™ is most effective when used alone as an integral substrate bed, but it may be mixed with other gravels. Gravel modifiers such as laterite are not necessary. Onyx Sand™ is not chemically coated or treated but does have a slight buffering capacity that may raise pH by 0.1 - 0.5 pH units (depending on source water characteristics). Onyx Sand™ is good for the life of the aquarium and need not be replaced.
To determine the number of bags required for your aquarium, please note that each bag (7 kg, 15.4 lbs) occupies a volume of approximately 4,250 cm3 (260 cu. in.). To determine your desired volume multiply tank width by length by desired depth. This bag is sufficient for about a 3.5 cm (1.5 inch) deep bed in a typical 40 L (10 US gallon) tank.
Although it is pre-washed, because Onyx Sand™ is a natural product, it may become dusty in transit and require rinsing before use to remove any residual dust.
3.5 kg, 7 kg
Flourite® Black is a specially fracted stable porous clay gravel for the natural planted aquarium. Its appearance is best suited to planted aquaria, but may be used in any freshwater aquarium environment. Flourite® Black is most effective when used alone as an integral substrate bed, but it may be mixed with other gravels. Gravel modifiers such as laterite are not necessary. Flourite® Black is not chemically coated or treated and will not alter the pH of the water. Flourite® Black is good for the life of the aquarium and need not be replaced.
To determine the number of bags required for your aquarium, please note that each bag (7 kg, 15.4 lbs) occupies a volume of approximately 5,500 cm3 (325 cu. in.). To determine your desired volume multiply tank width by length by desired depth.
Although it is pre-washed, because Flourite® Black is a natural product, it may become dusty in transit and require rinsing before use to remove any residual dust.
NOTE: The specialized mesh bottom of the 3.5 kg size allows it to be rinsed right in the bag.
3.5 kg, 7 kg