DENNERLE Calanus FD Organic
$13.00 – $21.00
Plankton food for all ornamental fish. The 2-3 mm Calanus zooplankton feed on single-cell microalgae that serve as “vitamin factories” in our planet’s oceans, making them rich in nutrients and full of essential amino acids, proteins and unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids.
Calanus is the nutrient base for the gigantic schools of herring found in the North Atlantic, and is the most important link in the food chain there. Naturally occurring carotenoids, in particular astaxanthin, help produce vibrant colours.
Fish love the taste of Calanus, and even tricky fish caught in the wild can become accustomed to dry food using this natural food. Calanus FD organic is a suitable supplementary food for all types of aquarium fish.
Calanus FD is produced by freeze-drying, which preserves nutrients and aromas, and therefore has many advantages over commercially available frozen food.
CALANUS FD ORGANIC -FREEZE-DRIED PLANKTON
– High proportion of natural colour-boosting ingredients
– Encourages spawning and reproduction
– Also suitable for larger fish (size 2-3 mm)
– Can be used as an excellent breeding food
-100% zooplankton from the Arctic Ocean (Calanus finmarchicus)
– High omega-3 and carotinoid content
– No preservatives.
Dennerle Calanus FD means feeding based on nature’s example. In the wild many aquarium fish eat mostly zooplankton in the form of small crustaceans. The buoyant FD food is made of 100% Arctic zooplankton, Calanus finmarchicus. With their high nutrient content, these crustaceans enrich the diet of all ornamental fish.
Calanus crustaceans feed on single-cell microalgae, the “vitamin factories” of the oceans, and accumulate their valuable nutrients in their bodies. So you could also describe them as a “super-food” for aquarium fish.
Numerous essential amino acids and proteins serve as valuable nutrients. They form the basis for balanced growth and vitality. Natural marine oils provide readily available energy. The high concentration of essential, unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids is important for the formation and function of the brain and nerves. Naturally occurring carotenoids, in particular astaxanthin, help produce vibrant colours.
TIP: THANKS TO THE HIGH CONCENTRATION OF VALUABLE OILS, AMINO ACIDS AND PROTEINS, CALANIS IS ALSO AN IDEAL BREEDING FOOD.
This fine food snack is not only a hit in terms of nutrition, but also taste. Fish love Calanus. Even “difficult” fish that find dry food unpalatable, or “tricky” wild fish usually eat Calanus with enthusiasm.
The plankton for our Calanus food is caught by a small, eco-friendly Norwegian business. Quality control and analysis take place directly on board. Then the plankton is freeze-dried and vacuum packed.
Freeze-drying is a gentle drying process in which the water is removed. During the process the structure is largely retained, and the nutrients and aroma are preserved. This is why it is primarily used in the food industry for high-quality products such as coffee extracts, herbs and vegetables.
An Economical, Daily Diet For Koi And Pond Fish
An economical, daily diet offering basic nutrition to allow your pond fish to live a long and healthy life.
- A floating pellet which allows you to readily monitor the feeding habits of your pond fish while adjusting the amount fed, as necessary, to reduce the chances of water quality related problems caused by over-feeding.
- Advanced production technology allows us to provide you with a pellet that will not stain or cloud* your pond water. *When used as directed.
- This highly palatable, carefully developed pellet is readily accepted and offers higher feed efficiency which can result in less waste.
- Contains stabilized vitamin C to support immune system health.
Great for Newborn fish to juvenile fish
Provide the exacting nutritional balance for early stages of your fish.Features
- Rich in highly nutritious, freshly harvested ingredients including premium-selected fish meal which provides a superior protein source.
- Provides a uniquely balanced nutrient profile for the, all important, developmental stage of your fry's life.
- This semi-floating food allows fry at all levels of the aquarium ready access it's exacting nutrition while reducing water quality issues common with other fry foods.
- Available in three granules sizes to support optimum feeding at all stages of your fry's growth transition.
A Daily Diet For Koi
A high quality, basic daily diet made from premium ingredients offering superior growth and health improving characteristics.Features Hikari® Staple™ is a lab formulated, daily diet, for feeding Koi and other pond fish in warmer water temperatures. The uniquely balanced ingredients support rapid growth, proper form and efficient utilization. This floating diet will not cloud your water and contains necessary vitamins, including stabilized vitamin C to support immune system health. Note: Hikari® Staple™ contains higher levels of natural ingredients which may cause a slight change in color from one production lot to another. Rest assured because of our rigid quality standards each package meets our superior nutritional specifications. Feeding Regularly monitor your water temperature and adjust the amount and frequency of your feedings based on this temperature, the water condition, number and size of fish and their activity level. Avoid over-feeding and always remove any uneaten food remaining after the feeding period. For 18-30°C (64-86°F) - Feed 2 to 4 times per day the amount your fish will completely consume within 5 minutes. For 11-18°C (52-64°F) - Feed no more than twice daily the amount your fish will completely consume within 5 minutes. For best results try to feed during the warmer part of the day. Below 11°C (52°F) - We suggest using Hikari® Wheat-Germ Formula, specially designed for lower temperature digestibility. We recommend Hikari Staple as a daily diet for All koi as a daily diet where improved growth are desirable.