Effectively treat Camallanus, roundworms, Cestode, Ascarid, and Hexamita caused by endoparasites.
SKU: AZ17060 Category: Medication
$15.80 – $207.40
- Antibacterial, antifungal medication
- Treats fish internal infection
- Can use alone or mixed with other medications or food
- Freshwater or marine use
Reasons for Medicated Food MixThese are some of the reasons why we recommend dispensing Seachem Focus mix in food:
- Your fish has an internal infection.
- Bloating, abnormal stools, loss of appetite, and weight loss are all signs of a potential internal infection.
- You are already treating with a medication in the water.
- Sometimes fish will develop several infections at the same time, requiring multiple medications.
- We do not recommend dosing two medications into the water, but it is possible to put one medication in the food and the other in the water.
- There are corals, plants, or invertebrates in the tank.
- Using a medicated food mix will prevent damage to delicate plants or invertebrates from medication.
IndicationsSeachem Focus is appropriate for treating a variety of internal infections of fish. Below are some of the more common diseases treatable with Seachem Focus as part of a medicated food mix. Be aware that many diseases and infections share similar physical and behavioral symptoms, e.g. clamped fins, lesions, loss of appetite.
PopeyeEyes protrude or appear to be popping out of the head. Popeye is caused by a buildup of fluid behind the eye and is often seen in conjunction with Dropsy. Suggested Treatment Period: KanaPlex blend: 1 week
Ich (White Spot)
- Ichthyophthirius (freshwater) / Cryptocaryon (saltwater): Looks like salt sprinkled on the fishs body and fins. Usually accompanied by twitching, flashing, and other signs of stress and irritation. Several parasites are grouped under this name, but the symptoms are almost identical. Ich is among the most common infections of fish, and is entirely treatable with diligence and attention to water quality.
- Suggested Treatment Period: MetroPlex blend: 14-21 days
- Special Considerations: It is very important with this parasite to maintain the copper concentration for the full treatment period. A drop in the copper concentration will allow the parasite to multiply and reinfect the fish. Due to the nature of this parasite, it is normal for the visible signs of infection to get worse before they get better. The medication is still working, but it takes some time for the salt-like cysts on the fish to clear out. Keep up the treatment and the visible spots should clear soon!
Hole in the Head / Head and Lateral Line Erosion
- Hexamita spp / Spironucleus vortens: Symptoms include a loss of color, erosion or lesions on the face, head, and body, and stringy white feces. This condition is often caused by an internal parasite, but factors like poor diet, poor water quality, and lack of trace elements will all contribute to this issue.
- Suggested Treatment Period: MetroPlex blend: 14-21 days
- Special Considerations: In freshwater this condition is called Hole in the Head. Research your fish preferred diet and water chemistry to ensure they are being properly duplicated in the aquarium. Consider using a nutrient soak for the food to provide essential vitamins and nutrients to the fish. In saltwater this condition is called Marine Head and Lateral Line Erosion. It can be caused by an internal parasite, but more often these symptoms are connected to nutrient deficiencies or poor water quality. Duplication of the natural environment, proper filtration, and a nutrient-rich diet are all essential to curing this condition in saltwater.
- Aeromonas hydrophilia: Reddish streaks in the fins near the body or under scales. Common in goldfish. Associated with overcrowding and stress, particularly in goldfish and koi. It can also be caused by a virus.
- Suggested Treatment Period: KanaPlex Blend: 1 week or SulfaPlex Blend: 3 weeks
- Special Considerations: This infection is strongly linked to crowding and poor water conditions. Make sure your fish have clean water and plenty of space.
- Symptom of internal damage: Fish appears bloated, scales stick out in a pinecone-like manner. Dropsy is a result of damage to the liver, causing fluid to build up in the fish. It often starts as bloat and progresses to Dropsy over time.
- Suggested Treatment Period: KanaPlex blend: 1 week
- Special Considerations: Dropsy is a sign of severe internal damage, not a symptom of a specific disease. It is treatable with KanaPlex if caught early, but sometimes the damage is too severe to respond to medications. The best defence is to catch internal infections early, before they progress to this stage.
- Columnaris: Damaged fins, ulcers and yellowish patches on gills, tissue on head and mouth eaten away. This infection appears gruesome, but is entirely treatable. It is common to see fungus-like tufts around the face and mouth in addition to deterioration of tissue. It is essential to catch this disease early to prevent long-term damage.
- Suggested Treatment Period: KanaPlex Blend: 1 week
- Special Considerations: Columnaris is very contagious. If possible, remove the infected fish to treat separately in a hospital tank.
$22.00 – $50.00
Use for: Supporting your fish through times of stress - such as spring time, poor water quality or when they have been handled - to prevent disease outbreaks
Stress Away should be used as a disease preventative to support pond fish when there natural ability to fight disease is compromised by stress for example through situations such as: introducing new fish, temperature changes during spring and autumn and times of bad water quality
- Calculate the ponds volume using our online calculator
- Shake bottle well
- Remove dosage chamber cap and foil seal, squeeze bottle until chamber is filled to the required level
- Add 1 x 25ml measure for every 682 litres (150 gals) of pond water. We recommend adding Stress Away to a bucket of pond water and then distribute this evenly over the ponds surface
- Re-dose once a month to reduce disease levels at times of stress
- We recommend testing your water for any underlying water quality issues to help prevent disease outbreaks
Size: 100ml Eradicates flukes and protozoa. Includes market leading breakthrough formulas for the best results.
Key features• Treats velvet, slime skin and gill parasites for healthier fish • Reduces levels of parasites
Product overviewIt's natural for fish to carry a small population of microscopic skin and gall parasites. In healthy fish, this population is kept in check. But when fish are stressed, this population rapidly increases and endangers the fish's life. Often this causes the fish to increase its mucus production, resulting in the so-called "slime symptom". Anti Parasite, Slime and Velvet eradicates velvet, flukes and protozoan parasites from your aquarium, helping your fish to regain a healthy balance and return to health. Use for removing parasites from your aquarium such as microscopic protozoan parasites (Costia/Ichthyobodo), Trichodina, flukes (Gyrodactylus) and Velvet (Piscinoodinium). Do not use with scaleless fish or invertebrates.
Size: 100ml Eradicate visible parasites for a healthier aquarium. Includes market leading breakthrough formulas for the best results.
Key features• Controls large visible parasites such as anchor worm, fish lice, gill maggots and leeches
Product overviewIt's a fact of fishy life that there are some nasty parasites out there that like to bother your aquarium's community. Fight back with Anti Crustacean Parasite. Especially developed to rid your aquarium of anchor worm, fish lice, gill maggots and fish leeches. Left untreated they can cause life-threatening damage and so should be eradicated quickly. Use for removing visible parasites such as fish lice (Argulus), anchor worm (Lernaea), fish leeches (Piscicola) and gill maggots (Ergasilus) from your aquarium. Do not use with scaleless fish or invertebrates.
- For the treatment of hair worms, pinworms, Camallanus worms and other nematodes
- Infected fish become emaciated despite good feeding. The fish occasionally excrete white faeces, because of a damaged intestinal wall, which is then excreted along with it.
- Camallanus worms are often easy to recognize with the naked eye, because they hang out of the fish’s anus at times
- JBL Online Hospital: gives you access to identify fish diseases
- Contents: 1 packet Nedol Plus 250, 100 ml. Suitable for aquariums with max. 750 l. For repeated use for max. 250 l. Use: 10 ml/75 l aquarium water. Length of treatment depends on the type of worm. Can take up to 20 days
Size: 240ml Cure and as a general prevention for all common fish diseases like ich, sore spots, fin rot, torn fins, mouth and body fungus Description: It is a newly developed German Fish medicine used as a cure and as a general prevention for all common fish diseases like ich, sore spots, fin rot, torn fins, mouth and body fungus. It is widely used in fish farm, hatcheries, and by exporters and importers to cut down mortality rates during transit